Monday, April 6, 2015

If The Fear of Failure Stops You, You Lose

{This post is excerpted from www.thedailylove.com. Check it out for great tips!}

Fear of financial insecurity can stop us dead in our tracks! It can become much more powerful than our Hope.  

Have you ever Hoped to start a business but the Fear of being broke held you back? This is a common fear all of us have when we first start out. And most of us have it even when we become “successful”.


A reader asked “How did you get over your fear of economic insecurity when chasing your dreams?”  
For some reason, I’m terrified of being broke. I totally resonate with this question because guess what— I still feel this way.

Human beings are wired to survive; which means we seek to avoid pain instead of choosing to feel good. It’s this hard wiring that keeps us alive but it also holds us back from living our dreams.

When it comes to starting a business, any business, there will always be risks. Why? Because that is the nature of the game. The question becomes “How much risk can you comfortably live with?”

When I started [my business], I took a massive risk. I remember deciding that I would rather live on the beach in Venice California, BROKE, with my laptop than go back to my corporate job in the music business. I went all in and ended up couch surfing for almost two years. But I also took a calculated risk. I knew that the world always has and always will need inspiration so it was a safe bet that this could be successful.

So I went all in; knowing I could fail; but not going back. Not giving in to the more certain plan B back in the music business. Since making that decision almost six years ago, there hasn’t been one day that’s gone by where I haven’t been afraid of going broke, running out of money, or just failing.

I remember one time in the early days, I needed $500 for groceries but nothing was happening money wise. I checked the mail a couple of days later and I got a check for $500 from a reader when I needed it most.

KEEP THIS IN MIND: The universe is always here to support you.  




Here are some tips when handling money fears when it comes to your dreams:

1. Remember when you were most down and out and when you hit rock bottom.

At rock bottom, what happened? Did you make it through? Make a list of all the fears you had when you were at that lowest point. Now think about it. Did any of them come true? And if they did, did you get through it to where you are today? There is amazing power in remembering how strong you’ve been in the past and knowing, no matter what may come, that you have what it takes to make it through.

2. Know the consequences of not living your dream.
Imagine your life in 10, 20 or 30 years from now. If you don’t go all in on your dreams, what is your life like in the future? Are you happy or depressed? Are you living your dreams or a life of regret? I know it totally sucks to think about this but imagine yourself living with regret. The pain of not getting what you want can be a powerful force that will give you the hunger you need to make your dreams come true.

3. Make a fear list.

I love fear lists. Make a list of all the things you are most afraid of happening. Maybe it’s economic ruin. Maybe it’s total abandonment. Maybe it’s that you will be cursed by God and you will spontaneously combust to nothingness. Whatever it is, jot down 5 to 10 things that you are really scared might happen if you decide to follow your dreams or start your business. Getting your fears out can be very therapeutic.

4. Create an action plan.
Now that you know what your fears are you can start taking action to make sure they never come true. And if they do, you’ll have a plan to get yourself out of it. Generally speaking, we have fear because we are trying to protect ourselves. When we take action to revert our fears it’s like being the captain of a ship that sees a storm ahead and can change course. Fear gives you discernment and is an opportunity to take action

Everyone has fear of not having enough. The question becomes “What are you going to do with this fear?”

Remember, the universe has your back and you have the power to get through whatever may come. You’ve already gotten through rock bottom and come out the other end a survivor.

Don’t let the fear of not having enough money hold you back. You are more supported than you know.


If you have overcome your fears in order to realize your dreams, we'd love to hear from you.  Comment below!  
(No spammers or business invitations, please!  These will be deleted.)






Love The Skin You're In!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Will Be Your Cheerleader!

Ahhhh, Sunday! You are a great day to relax, tally all that I've accomplished throughout the week, and the time to make my To Do list fo...